Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation - Question 2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

For my A2 Media Studies coursework this year I was asked to create a marketing package which included a music video for a relatively unknown artist, a cover for its release as part of a digipak and a magazine advertisement for the digipak.

When creating the ancillary texts (digipak and advertisement) i kept to a distinct house style, exemplified by the clear continuity in colour scheme and focus on the imagery of the human eye. Originally this was the house style me and my partner were going to continue displaying in our main product (music video), but after successfully creating the ancillary texts me and my partner decided on a radical change of our music video as our peer group commented that it may have been too disjunctive.





No comments:

Post a Comment